Here are some cute fruits for use in elementary classes.
For flash cards I enlarge each image.
Here is my favourite use for these cards;
- Print out around 100 cards (one set colour the rest black and white)
- Hand out one card to every student including the teachers (they play the role of the student)
- ss make pairs and play rock, paper scissors
- The RPS winner has to guess what is on the losers card
- If the RPS winner guesses correctly he/she takes the losers card
- If the winner guesses incorrectly the RPS looser tries to guess the fruit on the RPS winners card (only one guess)
- The ss keep switching roles until one student guesses correctly and takes the card.
- The student without a card has to collect a new card from the teacher (YOU)
- The students with a lot of cards only play one of their cards each time.
- When the allocated time is up students count how many cards they have.
- The student who has the most cards has to stand and read out the fruits he/she has.
- reward that student in your own way (I use stickers)
- For an extra surprise bonus, any students who have coloured cards are also rewarded a sticker.